This Blog is a REQUIRED assignment for the completion of the teacher education program. The blog will be evaluated using the following criteria: title page, mini-bio, teaching philosophy, 3 Standards and 3 Program Values artifacts with a reflective writeup, "transformative moments", and finally, samples of exchanges with other students and/or teachers.
Wednesday, 2 October 2013
Internet Ethics
So...
I have just learned that this blog is meant to be a reflective journal of my journey through the teacher education program. I don't know how I feel about this since my experiences will be based around how I teach students and may involve the students reactions to my teaching. So I am asking for your opinions, where do we draw the line on the privacy and security of the students?
I have been asked to post items like my teaching philosophy, my connections with the BCTRB standards and program values, and transformative moments I experience in the classroom. I am also expected to write these reflections in various formats and include poems, images or pictures when ever appropriate. What is appropriate when it involves children that are not my own?
I know I can change the setting of the blog to make sure only those I invite can read what I say but there are many people that can get passed those barriers. At the end of the day these are my thoughts and feelings around my experiences in education, I don't want to say anything about my students, teacher mentor or faculty mentor that can be misinterpreted. My future career rests on my success in this program.
What would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment