Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Letter to the Parents

Dear Parents:

My name is Mme -----. I am a student teacher from the --- University. I will be working with Mrs. ----- throughout the year in her grade 4/5 classroom. I graduated University in 2009 with a degree in Criminology and a minor in French. After that, I spent three years traveling the world on a Cruise Ship working as a professional Photographer, before I found my true calling to be an elementary school teacher.

I believe teachers are one of the cornerstones of a child's development and can influence their perception of school and education. Growing up, I remember greatly enjoying math, as my teacher at the time filled my education with games and activities to better help me understand, and I intend to bring that ethos to my teaching practice. As a teacher, I want to focus on the students enjoying the act of learning, and creating a classroom environment where the students are safe and inspired to learn. I plan to bring the scope of my travel experience into the classroom as we build a rich and diverse environment together. Above all, I hope to prepare students with knowledge that they will carry with them to use in all future aspects of life.

I look forwards to getting to know your child, and being a part of making this a wonderful and memorable school year.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment